Invitation to participate in the Photo Contest
Pour la version française, veuillez cliquer ici.
It’s official, the RE3 Photo Contest is launched and will be held from February 10 to March 15, 2020! Take advantage of this unique opportunity to share your dynamic and eye-catching photos you took under the conference themes, and from all angles!
Get a chance to win prizes and make your photos known among the various actors involved in the rehabilitation, restoration and rewilding of disturbed environments or even wetlands.
You will find the themes covered, contest rules and the photo submission process below.
Good luck to all!
- The photography competition is open to all;
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age;
- Participants must be the owners of their contributions;
- Participants must accept the copyright regulations of the RE3 2020.
- We will accept up to five (5) photos per participant.
- Photos must relate to the main themes of the Québec RE3 Conference and must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Submissions must comprise your digital photos in low resolution (< 3 Mo), landscape and JPG format;
- Winners will be advised to submit their image via Wetransfer in high-resolution (300 ppi) (3300 x 2360 pixels).
- File names must include the participant's first and last names and the number of the photo in case of multiple picture submission (e.g., firstname_name1.jpg).
- Submissions must be accompanied by a separate descriptive caption for each photo, including the location, date of capture and the name of any person appearing in the photo.
- By entering the contest, each entrant certifies that he/she has obtained the consent of the persons appearing in the photos and releases the RE3 Organizing Committee from any lawsuit that may be instituted as a result of the publication of the photos submitted to the contest;
- All photos must be submitted to RE3photofirstname.lastname@example.org; it is possible to submit up to five (5) photos along with their respective captions.
Photos must be submitted by Sunday, March 15, 2020.
All photos submitted will be judged according to the following criteria: the respect for the themes of the conference, the technical and aesthetic quality of the shots, the composition of the image and the originality of the subject or species. The jury will be composed of 5 people: professional photographers and scientists.
The winning photos will be displayed in the 16-month calendar offered to all participants of the Québec RE3 2020 Conference. Also, the best photo in each category will be awarded by an individual prize.
A contestant can only win one prize.
Photographer – RE3 2020 agreement
By participating in the photo contest, the Québec RE3 Conference and the Photographer agree to abide by the following statements:
- That the Photographer certifies that he/she is the author and the sole owner of the copyright of the photograph(s) submitted. Each participant certifies that he/she has obtained the consent of the persons appearing in the photos and releases the Québec RE3 Conference Organizing Committee from any legal action that may be brought following the publication of the photos submitted to the contest.
- That the Québec RE3 Conference retains the right to accept his/her photographs as it chooses.
- That the Photographer grants the Québec RE3 Conference or its partners the right to use his/her photographs for the calendar and in any Québec RE3 Conference communications (e.g., Report, Newsletter).
- That the Photographer waives any right to royalties or compensation related to the use of his/her photographs in the Québec RE3 Conference communications.
- That the Photographer will retain exclusive copyright of his/her photographs.
- That the Québec RE3 Conference will do its best to ensure that any reproduction of the Photographer’s photographs is accompanied by the appropriate credit line.
- That the Québec RE3 Conference is not responsible for any loss of digital files supplied by the Photographer while they are in the possession of the Québec RE3 Conference. It is the Photographer’s responsibility to maintain archive copies of the digital files submitted.
- That this Agreement is for an initial period of five years after which it can be terminated by either party following a six months written notice. If no notice of termination is given, the Agreement will renew itself automatically. In the event of termination, the Québec RE3 Conference will return the photographs to the Photographer.